LIVE, LAUGH, LOVE

LIVE, LAUGH, LOVE
"Life is what we make it, always has been, always will be. " -Grandma Moses

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

We aren't perfect, we are FAMILY.




“The bond that links your true family is not one of blood, but of respect and joy in each other's life.” -Richard Bach














FOR MY STEPKIDDOS
(Connor & Jenna)

You are not of my blood
but you're loved all the same.
You were not by my choice..
with a loved one you came.
You were created before me
out of love, not of crime.
But that world split to two..
I met your dad, then I met you.
Had your first life not divided
and you all stayed on your resided
then mine wouldn't be as colorful..
as paint-by-numbers wonderful.
The lord intended this to be..
set in stone for you and me.
Though the reasons may not be clear..
he knows exactly why we're here.

Ashley C. Drake

1 comment:

  1. This is really sweet and very true! Our bonds are not always blood, but that does not make them any less strong! Congrats to you on getting married and your new family.

    Laraine

    ReplyDelete